Saturday, December 14, 2013

Happy Moments

The past few weeks have brought some of the most unexpected and exciting events of the year! For Thanksgiving I had the opportunity to drive to California to spend the week with Taylor and his family. It was an incredible trip and I LOVED the warm weather. It was hard to come back to snowy Utah and face a long week of packing and finals. Just a few pictures from the week.


Redwoods

Muir Woods National Park
Santa Cruz sea lions
Downtown :)


Stanford University



Cats in China Town :)
It was an unbelievable week. We drove through the night from Salt Lake to Newark, Ca arriving at about 3 am and yes went to 9 O'clock church a few hours later. We visited Stanford University later that day and completed round 2 of church going to the singles ward there. It was absolutely breath taking and inspiring. I may never be qualified to attend a university like that but I can dream... 
The rest of the week consisted of beach trips, which were heavenly, cute shops along the boardwalk, the culture of the city, and even some time in the woods, not to mention a wonderful Thanksgiving meal and some fun quality time with people that I love. One of the reasons I love traveling so much is because it brings with it opportunities to learn and grow about yourself and others. That being said- things I learned this week
  • I love the beach more than any other place on the earth
  • I could never live in a big city
  • I am so blessed to live in a clean place 
  • I hate California drivers 
  • Taylor has no patience on the road
  • There is so much I don't know about other cultures and lifestyles
  • I want to travel to see and learn everything that I can
  • I love Taylor and his family
I am really not doing this trip justice in my description but those are the most important things to remember. Hopefully it is one of many adventures that I have coming the next few years of my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment