Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Mr. and Mrs.

A month has gone by since the big day and what a month it has been. I guess I should start with a recap. One thing I learned is that no one can prepare you for your wedding day. I am not talking about the chaos or all the planning that has to go into building a wedding, am I referring to that feeling you get when you realize what a wedding makes. A wedding makes memories you will never forget. A wedding makes families that will last through the eternities. A wedding makes friendships grow. And a wedding makes an eternal love that will change and expand. That is one day and feeling that I will never forget. I treasure it more than any memory I have.
Anyways now that I have tried to sound all sophisticated and deep I can get into some more of the details.
 The one thing that everyone seemed to right about is that none of the particulars really matter. Yes it was pouring rain, and I mean pouring, the one thing a bride dreads on her wedding day but it turned out to be one of the funnest/coldest two hours of my life. The temple workers lost my flowers and I think I may have broke the record for the slowest bride ever. My hair was definitely stringy and my dress soaked and muddy but it was everything I ever imagined it could be. Looking back those little hiccups only make the memory more special. Everything worked out and I get to spend the rest of my life with the man I fell in love with and the man that gives me everything I have ever wanted.




Now we have been married more than a month and I have started my new journey and what a journey it has been. We have played so hard this summer and I am just eating it up. We have been to the desert, the deep forests, the beach and the mountains. We've camped, hiked, swam, and even zip-lined down a canyon. More than that we have grown to understand and love each other more. We love to travel and experience new things. Taylor is by far, better at it than me but we definitely have big plans for the future. One thing we think that so many young people don't understand is that we are at a time in our lives, right now, that we will never experience again. We have chances and opportunities now to go do anything we want with nothing holding us back. It may mean we live an unconventional life and we don't get the degree in four years or we don't have that house by time we are 25 but in the eternal scheme of things do those things really matter? No. No they don't. What counts is the knowledge and experiences we gain, the people we help, and the people we become. That was the goal we set after we were married and we are having the time of our lives achieving it. 
Sadie and Taylor Merrill 4.26.14

2 comments:

  1. What a romantic photo shoot! Pre wedding dinner of my cousin was praised by all. Liked the amazing chandeliers and lighting of interior. Exterior of event locations was white in color with beautified garden area. Cuisines were mouth watering and desserts of different varieties were praised by all guests.

    ReplyDelete